How to change cPanel PHP Version
Posted by LankaHost NOC on 12 September 2018 12:12 AM
As LankaHost using CloudLinux, You can change PHP version of your cPanel hosting account anytime from your cPanel login.
In most of our servers, following PHP versions are available 5.4, 5.5, 5,6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
In order to change the cPanel version of your hosting account, you should go throuhg following simple steps
1. Log-in to your cPanel
2. Click on the option "Select PHP Version" under SOFTWARE category
3. If your cPanel version is on the default, it show like Current PHP version : native ( native version of the server)
4. Once you click on the drop down menu with PHP versions, it will list down all the PHP versions available on the server like this
After you selecting the version you need to select, you should 'Set as current' option to make it default version of your account.
5. Important !!! After you select this version, it may not have any modules enabled
In order to enable the default modules, click on 'Use Defaults' button in this page.
6. Once you set default modules, it will select the nessary PHP modules we configured on the each PHP version, also if there is any additional modules you need to enable, you can do this here.
Once the modules are enabled, you should click on the 'Save' button to make them apply.